What is Python?
- Python is a general purpose programming & high level programming language.
- Python is programming language as well as scripting language.
- Python is also called as Interpreted language
- Invented in the Netherlands, early 90s by Guido van Rossum
- Python was conceived in the late 1980s and its implementation was started in December 1989
- Guido Van Rossum is fan of ‘Monty Python’s Flying Circus’, this is a famous TV show in Netherlands Named after Monty Python
- Open sourced from the beginning
- Easy to Learn and Use: Python has a simple syntax similar to the English language.
- Interpreted Language: Python is processed at runtime by the interpreter. You do not need to compile your program before executing it. This is similar to PERL and PHP.
- Object-Oriented Language: Python supports Object-Oriented style or technique of programming that encapsulates code within objects.
- Free and Open Source
- Cross-platform Language (Portable): Python can run on a wide variety of hardware platforms and has the same interface on all platforms.
- Large Standard Library
- Databases: Python provides interfaces to all major commercial databases.
- GUI Programming: Python supports GUI applications that can be created and ported to many system calls, libraries and windows systems, such as Windows MFC, Macintosh, and the X Window system of UNIX.
- Integrated: It can be easily integrated with C, C++ and Java.
What can be done with Python?
- Console Application
- Desktop GUI Application
- Web Application
- Mobile Application
- Machine Learning
- Image Processing
- Enterprise Applications
Who uses python today?
Famous Apps developed in Python
- Google Search Engine
- Mozilla Firefox
Getting Started With Python
For Windows & Linux
-From the above link download latest version of python and install. After installing the Python, go to start menu then click on python in that one you can select Python 3.7 or IDLE.
Open IDLE and start coding with Python
IDE for Python Programming
We can use different types of IDE to develop Python Programs. Some of popular Python IDE are :
- Jupyter Notebook
- AWS Cloud9
- Komodo IDE